Glad it works,

as for scancodes you have to figure out what type of code you get
(libinput? X11?) and map that accordingly.

Preferred way would be to use freerdp_input_send_keyboard_event and
freerdp_input_send_keyboard_event_ex

which are wrappers around direct function pointer access with proper
checks already done.

There is also freerdp_input_send_unicode_keyboard_event which can send
UTF-16 symbols

(but that might not be what you want and some servers do not allow key
combinations this way)

best

Armin