Hi all, below is my information.

rhinal

cat $FREESURFER_HOME/build-stamp.txt
source /usr/local/freesurfer/nmr-dev-env
setenv SUBJECTS_DIR /space/rhinal/2/users/gopal/lynch_data

which tkmedit

cd /space/rhinal/2/users/gopal/lynch_data

tkmedit lynch filled.mgz

error: loading volume filled.mgz
couldn't read the anatomical volume.

TKMedit couldn't read the file you specified. This could be because the image format wasn't recognized,
or it couldn't find the proper header, or the file(s) were unreadable, or it was the wrong size.

Again, to clarify, I ran the 'recon-all' command on the lynch data, per the tutorial.  However, as you can see from above, I did not create the ' filled.mgz' file, nor other files which I thought would have been created (e.g. .white, .pial, and .thickness files).  How do I create these files?  I thought that by running recon-all I would have created them.  Please let me know what you think; I believe that this is a very basic question.

Thanks
Abi