Hi Morgan,

you specify the original surface you want to use, but typically we use the ?h.white.

Bruce
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Morgan Hough wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your email. We are actually interested in looking at k though and I was wondering what surfaces you use for the numerator and denominator.

Cheers,

-Morgan

Bruce Fischl wrote:
Hi Morgan,

I think mris_jacobian computes and applies the scale factor for you. The group average surface area is the average surface area of the individuals that went into the group, since the average subject has less surface area than any of the individuals. Doug uses this to compute the proper cluster sizes, but it shouldn't matter for the jacobian analysis.

cheers,
Bruce