you can create a label with the coordinates, the use mri_label2label with the --paint option to sample them to the closest surface vertex. Two caveates:

1. You may need a new version of mri_label2label (I can get it to you if so)
2. You have to use the proper coordinates

doug

Ben Kennedy wrote:

Dear Freesurfer,

I've been playing around with Freesurfer and monkey MR volumes, and I'm trying to find some sort of foothold to use Freesurfer more effectively. I have the surfaces and inflated volumes of the brain, and I also have a bunch of sub-voxel coordinates (in the T1 volume) of recorded sites that I want to project onto these surfaces and inflations. Is there any straightforward (but I'll take convoluted also) way to do this?

Thanks,
Ben K

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358 Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting