Christian,

I suspect that in example3-frontal and example2-frontal you have motion
artifacts causing increased intensity in the cortex. On the other,
example1-horizontal and example1-sagittal seem to have pretty low SNR,
specially in GM, but very good GM-WM contrast. I wonder, if they were not
acquired after gadolinium injection?

I don't have a recipe to correct either of the problems, but I don't have good
experiences with the images after Gd. They seem to have cortex overestimated.

Good luck,

Martin