Have you looked at my presentation on group analysis? The slides are here:

http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/docs/ftp/pub/docs/freesurfer.groupanalysis.pdf

There's a very similar design on slides 23 and 24.

doug

Zhangyuanchao wrote:

> Dear Mr or Ms,
> I have read the FreeSurfer Tutorial: Group Analysis, but there are
> still something I do not quite understand. I want to make comparison
> of lgi between two groups, namely, normal control groupand patient
> group. I want to regress out gender and age.For example,if I have 4
> subjects:nc1 male age=30,nc2 female age=31,patient1 male age=32,
> patient2 female age=30, how should I create the FSGD file?How should I
> design the constrast vector? What kind of test does Freesurfer
> use,F-test or t-test to detect difference regionof thickness orlgion
> the surface? What should I do if I want to use t-test to detect the
> difference between two groups? How should I set the option of the
> command mri_glmfit --sim nulltype nsim thresh csdbasename if I want to
> set the p-value threshold 0.05?
> Sorry for the trouble!
> Thank you very much!
> Yuanchao Zhang

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting