Hi Katie,

looks like an incorrectly fixed topological defect. You need to edit the wm.mgz to remove the defect and rerun autorecon2-wm

cheers,
Bruce
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Kathryn Devaney wrote:

Hello freesurfers,

I am running a reconstruction of a macaque in stabe4, and I am having a
problem with the smooth white matter surface not following the wm boundary
in the wm.mgz volume (please see attached for examples in the wm and T1
volumes).

The non-wm area included in the surface was never part of the wm volume,
but I edited the other defects in wm.mgz and re-ran fill, tessellate,
smooth1, inflate1, qsphere, fix, finalsurfs, smooth2, amd inflate2.
Unsurprisingly, this problem persisted.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
Katie