Hi Y'all, sorry for not chiming in sooner. Jeff, if you have multiple eccen or polar runs, you should just be able to set them up as runs in the fsfast directory structure (ie, as dirs with 0-padded, 3digit run numbers), and it should find them and combine them properly. And you can include the directionality in the paradigm file, as you have suggested.

doug

Don Hagler wrote:
I am not familiar with fsfast, so someone with intimate knowledge of the code (Doug?) could help more. But if you can specify the stimulus order in your paradigm files, then you should not have to do any phase reversals yourself. It seems strange (i.e. bug-like) that your fieldsign comes out different for the two sessions in this situation. When you view the resulting polar angle and eccentricity maps in tksurfer, are the colors reversed as well?

Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:01:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Can fieldsigns be added across sessions?
From: jeffrey.s.phill...@gmail.com
To: dhagle...@hotmail.com
CC: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu

Hi Don,

Thanks for writing back again. Let me clarify: in our last session, we had a scanning menu like this:

1 run polar/clockwise
1 run eccen/expanding
1 run polar/counter-clockwise
1 run eccen/contracting

The difference in direction was reflected in our paradigm files (*.par), with clockwise & expanding runs categorized as positive, and the others as negative. I have assumed that if the paradigm files specify this difference, it will not be necessary to manually flip the signs for negative runs. Is this correct?

Jeff