Right, I see, mri_aparc2aseg is hard-coded to expect both lh and rh. The
easiest thing is to make a dummy label for the other hemisphere. In the
final segmentation, left hemisphere will have an index of
1000+something, the right will have 2000+something. You can then use
mri_binarize with --match create a new binary volume with just your
hemisphere.

doug

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center