Hi Prapti,

Basically, you just need to have a label file that you can turn into a
lh.your_annot_name.annot (assuming your actual ROI is in the right
hemisphere), so that mri_label2annot runs properly.

The easiest thing to do would be to rename any old label you have in
your subject's label directory to lh.dummy.label, and then create an
annotation from that label with mri_label2annot.  Then run
mris_aparc2aseg as you tried to do before, which will create a volume
that has 0's everywhere except in the area where your actual and dummy
labels were projected.  Figure out the voxel values for the ROI you
want (using Freeview or tkmedit), and then run:

mri_binarize --i your_annot_name+aseg.mgz --match <that voxel value>
--o you_roi_name.mgz

Which will have 1s where your ROI is and 0s everywhere else.

Best,
Mike