Hi all,

We are attempting to do an analysis for subjects that came in on two
different days to perform two similar but different tasks (one
learning condition, one control).  Each of the tasks is structured
such that there are 30sec rest epochs alternating with 30sec active
(typing) epochs for a total of 12.5 minutes (the task begins and ends
with rest).  We are trying to compare the typing period for the
control task to the typing period for the learning task.

We currently have first-level analyses of each of the tasks (active
condition vs. null rest condition).  Can we do within-subject
comparisons and then do a group analysis on those?  Or did we need to
concatenate the learning and control conditions in the first-level
analysis?  If that is the case, how would you suggest that we do this?

Paradigm file:

0       0       30      1       Rest
30      1       30      1       Typing
60      0       30      1       Rest