You mean you have used the day1 recon-all with the day1 functional (and
same for day 2)? I would probably pick an anatomical from one day and
use them with the functionals for both days. You can use either FSGD
file assuming that the class membership and continuous variables are the
same. If you're just doing an OSGM, then you don't even need a an FSGD
file (but it does not hurt).

doug

Mandy Nagy wrote:
> Thank you for your response!
>
> We decided to run an isxconcat-sess on both analyses (day1 and day2),
> and we used fscalc to do day1 - day2.  Now we're trying to run
> mri_glmfit.  However, the FSGD files we used before either specified
> day1 or day2 sessions.  How do we create an FSGD file now that each
> data point is actually 'day1 - day2' for one subject and not one of
> the pre-existing subject folders?
>
> Thanks!
> --Mandy Nagy
>
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Douglas N Greve
> <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
>> In principle you can do it either way and get the same result. From a
>> practical standpoint, it is probably easier to do the day2-day1 subtraction,
>> then do the group analysis.
>>
>> doug
>>
>> Mandy Nagy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We are attempting to do an analysis for subjects that came in on two
>>> different days to perform two similar but different tasks (one
>>> learning condition, one control).  Each of the tasks is structured
>>> such that there are 30sec rest epochs alternating with 30sec active
>>> (typing) epochs for a total of 12.5 minutes (the task begins and ends
>>> with rest).  We are trying to compare the typing period for the
>>> control task to the typing period for the learning task.
>>>
>>> We currently have first-level analyses of each of the tasks (active
>>> condition vs. null rest condition).  Can we do within-subject
>>> comparisons and then do a group analysis on those?  Or did we need to
>>> concatenate the learning and control conditions in the first-level
>>> analysis?  If that is the case, how would you suggest that we do this?
>>>
>>> Paradigm file:
>>>
>>> 0       0       30      1       Rest
>>> 30      1       30      1       Typing
>>> 60      0       30      1       Rest
>>> 90      1       30      1       Typing
>>> 120     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 150     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 180     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 210     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 240     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 270     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 300     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 330     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 360     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 390     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 420     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 450     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 480     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 510     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 540     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 570     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 600     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 630     1       30      1       Typing
>>> 660     0       30      1       Rest
>>> 690     1       30      1       Typing

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center

FileDrop: www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html