Hello, Nick

I tried mri_convert work, glxgears,tksurfer, qdec,freeview. It all respond as
"Command not found"

two questions:

1) How should I initiate freesufter evey time i turn on the computer?

2) The other day when I installed freesurfer,i typed  “tkmedit bert orig.mgz”,
it reponded “Illegal instruction”. If I typed in “recon-all”, it showed
“ Required Arguments:
 -subjid <subjid>
-<process directive>…... ”

and the other arguments.

But when i tried the “recon-all” today, it said "Command not found".

Another thing is i installed the freesurfer in my Document folder, instead of
the local folder. Although i am the administrator, Ubuntu would not allow me to
move any file to the local folder..

Any idea of the problem of freesurfer in my computer?

thanks

Jie