Hi Chris,

There really shouldn't be a "thickness-age correlation group difference"
result with the DOSS model.  I have FS 4.1 (rather than 5.0 on my
system) but running an analogous model, I see that I do indeed get a
verbal "Description" for such a contrast.  However, if I compare that to
the "thickness-age correlation (accounting for group)" result, I see the
exact same map.  And if you look at the .mat files in the contrast
directory generated by qdec, you'll see that those two contrasts are
identical (i.e. [0 0 1]) (or at least they are for qdec with FS 4.1).

So, this appears to be a "bug" in the verbal descriptions that qdec
provides when using a DOSS model.

As to the group difference itself changing between the DOSS and DODS
models, that is totally to be expected.  Note that in the DODS model,
whether or not you demean (center) the age variable has a critical
impact on the manner in which you interpret the group contrast.

cheers,
-MH