Hi Minjie,

You'll want to give tksurfer the name of one of the "regular" surfaces
(e.g., inflated, pial, etc.) as the third positional argument and then view
your FA file as an overlay ( -overlay rh.fa.vol2surf2.w ).  The former
gives the surface geometry information (where the vertices are and which
are connected in the mesh) while the latter gives an arbitrary scalar value
associated with each vertex (in your case, FA).

Best,
Michael