Hey all,

I am running into a bit of a problem converting back from a volume into a
surface and was hoping someone would have some insight.

I have an .nii volume for a given subject, and I want to convert it into a
surface mgh file, so i can view it on tksurfer. Since its the same exact
subject, I figured it should be relatively easy, but in the resulting
surface all the white matter and gray matter voxels are mixed together
(looks like tiger pattern on tksurfer) in the entire brain. I would point
out though that the gray matter voxels do show up in the correct location
(i.e. a motor gray voxel in my volume still ends up in the motor cortex in
the mgh file), its just that they are surrounded with vertices which have
white matter values.

Any advice?

Code: mri_vol2surf --src test nii --srcreg identity --ref T1.mgz
--regheader test_subj --hemi lh --o test.mgh

Thank you very much for your help,
Omer Tal
Keck Center for Functional MRI, UCSD