Hey Doug,

Test.nii is a volume nii (1x1x1mm) with values of interest per voxel,
created using the header from brain_T1.nii which was simply created by
using mri_convert from the subject's original brain.mgz. The *.nii file
loads fine and matches the subject as expected. It is when trying to go
back to surface, that things seem to get messy.

Thank you very much for your time,
Omer Tal
Keck Center for Functional MRI, UCSD