in our experience the 12 and 32 channel coils are much easier to process than the 8 channels, but it really depends on the coil geometry

Bruce
On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, Tetiana Dadakova wrote:

Do you think 32ch coil would be better? We also have data with the
same scanner and same sequence, but 32ch coil. Although, visually,
32ch data is much more inhomogenious, especially in occipital part (it
is too bright). We were afraid that wm there would be hard to
distinguish from gm and that therefore the thickness would be too
underestimated, that is why we decided to use 8ch data.

Tanja.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Bruce Fischl