what is your mri_convert command line?

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, Jeff Thompson wrote:

Hello,
I got mri_ca_train to complete and to produce a .gca file, which looks to be
what is expected after splitting it up into means/labels/priors files.

The problem was the norm.mgz file. I ended up copying and renaming the
T1.mgz file to replace the norm.mgz file, and it seemed to work in
mri_ca_train.

I am now having trouble with the aseg.mgz file in mri_normalize. It states
that the aseg.mgz file needs to be conformed. When I conform the image the
label values are way off. I tried the mri_convert

conform with the rt nearest , but the label values seemed to still be off.

The file I have has dimensions of : ~0.6 , 0.6 , 1.0 mm and 256x256x90.

Any recommendations to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Jeff Thompson

> [...]
>
> i think there should be an error log that outputs the errors that
> mri_ca_train found. or you can run mri_ca_train with the -check flag.
> it performs checks looking for voxels that are in the wrong hemisphere,
> based on the talairach registration.
>
> for mri_convert, be sure to include the flag
>
> -rt nearest
>
> which overrides the default resample type of 'interpolate', which is not
> appropriate for labeled volumes.
>
> n.
>

> On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 18:20 -0300, Jeff Thompson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > Still getting the bus error when running mri_ca_train. I tried running
> > it after I conformed the manually labelled volume as well.
> >

> > I've been working on getting rebuild_gca_atlas.csh to work. I don't
> > know how to get the labelled volume to conform when converting the
> > labelled volume to .mgz with mri_convert without throwing all of the
> > label values off.
> >

> > This resulted in a lot of errors when running rebuild_gca_atlas.csh
> > and gave an error stating
> >

> > "ERROR: mri_ca_train check found 1 subjects with bad labels!"
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeff Thompson

> > CC: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
> > From: fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
> > Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] creating a gca file from .mgz files
> > Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:12:45 -0400
> > To: jeff_rthomp...@hotmail.com
> >
> > Oh, so you still got a bus error? I didn't realize that. Make sure the
> > seg volumes are ok
> >

> > On Aug 28, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Jeff Thompson
> > <jeff_rthomp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hopefully that doesn't scale the values I will make sure it
> > doesn't.
> >

> > When running mri_ca_train by itself after changing to float
> > the next error was the Bus error.
> >

> > When running rebuild_gca_atlas.csh I was having problems with
> > pbsubmit, but after avoiding that it seems to be stuck with
> > mri_ca_train.
> >

> > > Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:02:51 -0400
> > > From: fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
> > > To: jeff_rthomp...@hotmail.com
> > > CC: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
> > > Subject: RE: [Freesurfer] creating a gca file from .mgz
> > files
> > >
> > > does that scale the values? Hopefully not. It sounds like
> > things don't fail
> > > after you changed to float until you get the pbsubmit
> > problem, correct?

> > but if that isn't
> > from mri_ca_train?

> > files

> > doesn't scale the
> > rebuild_gca_atlas.csh uses our
> > pbsubmit script is.
> > using or to run

> > near the

> > Alloybrain_mask_LUTComplete_float.mgz
> > from subject's
> > single_oneAlloy.gca

*

> > Desktop/freesurfer/subjects/Alloy/mri/norm.mgz

Desktop/freesurfer/subjects/Buddha/mri/Alloybrain_mask_LUTComplete.nii.gz is