(number of subjects is 53).

So, it is a puzzle why the residual FWHM is that large for v5.0.0.

Ed

On 1 Oct 2012, at 9:15, Ed Gronenschild wrote:

On 28 Sep 2012, at 18:00, freesurfer-requ...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:

Message: 27
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:03:47 -0400
From: Douglas N Greve <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Fmri_glmfit-sim with pre-cached fails
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu

Hmmm, that's a lot, but I'm very surprised that the final FWHM is over 30. How many subjects do you have? There might be one that is messed up. You can check this by loading the y.mgh as a "time course" in tksurfer.
It will give you a graph with each subject. Finally, you can run
mri_glmfit with the --pca option to get a PCA of the residuals. This
will create a folder called pca-eres. Look at the stats.dat and see how much variance is explained by the first component (first row, 4th column).
doug