Dear Experts,

I apologise for the repost but I was wondering if anyone could guide me with
respect to deriving lobar measures and whether the commands below are correct .
Thanks. M

GM Lobar Values

(1) mri_annotation2label --subject subject1 --hemi ?h --lobesStrict lobesfile

(2) mri_anatomical_stats –mgz –cortex  ../label/?h.cortex.label –f
../stats/?h.lobesfiles.stats –b –a ../label/?h.lobesfile.annot subject1 ?h white

Q: Is this valid?

Q:Do I need to include that part of the command in italics
(-cortex...?hcortex.label) - is it not redundant given the use of the
?h.lobesfile.annot - using one or the other does give a different result at the
top of the stats file (namely NumVert, WhiteSurfArea, and mean thickness which
disappears if ?h.cortex.label is not passed) - why is this ?

WM Lobar Values

(1) mri_annotation2label --subject subject1 –hemi ?h --lobesStrict lobesfile

(2) mri_aparc2seg --s subject1 --labelwm --hypo-as-wm --rip-unknown --volmask
--o mri/wmparc.lobar.mgz --ctxseg aparc+aseg.mgz --annot ?h.lobesfile.annot

Q: Is this valid ?

Q: Do I need all the items in italics (hypo...rip...volmask) - they are present
in the recon-all logfile but not in some forum posts on similar topics.

(3a) mri_segstats --seg mri/wmparc.lobar.mgz --sum stats/wmparc.lobar.stats
--pv mri/norm.mgz --empty --excludeid 0 --excl-ctxgmwm --supratent
--subcortgray --in mri/norm.mgz --in-intensity-name norm --in-intensity-units
MR --subject subject1 --surf-wm-vol --surf-ctx-vol --totalgray --ctab
newcolourtable --etiv

OR

(3b) mri_segstats --seg mri/wmparc.lobar.mgz --sum stats/wmparc.lobar.stats
--pv mri/norm.mgz --excludeid 0 --brain-vol-from-seg --brainmask mri/norm.mgz
--in mri/norm.mgz --in-intensity-name norm --in-intensity-units MR --subject
subject1 --surf-wm-vol --ctab newcolourtable --etiv

Q: Which of these should I be using - the latter is based on the recon-all log
file, while the former is based on forum posts - what are the differences.

Thanks.

Mahinda