Just had a cluster of computers lock up, unfortunately resulting in several
freesurfer jobs terminating prior to completion. It's possible I may have a ton
of this same error come tomorrow. Two questions

1) is there a way to tell if a surface is out of date without starting up
tkmedit?

2) last time I ran -make all, the command line disappeared until the job
completed. This never happens when I run recon-all with autorecon2&3. Anyway to
avoid this?

jon