Thanks a lot for your answer,

I'm sending you attached the diff of the two mris_preproc.

When I wrote CT, I was meaning cortical thickness, as normally this values are in surf/?h.thickness, But how do I know the Xhemi-registered thickness values of each subject for lh-rh, or area or any of those indices?

Regards,
Gabriel

El 25/03/13, Douglas N Greve <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> escribió:

On 03/22/2013 06:45 AM, Gabriel Gonzalez Escamilla wrote:
> Dear Doug,
>
> I've seen that you restore the files to download, for the Xhemi
> registration. While I'm checking for the statistical process, I've
> seen that the one I have is: Date: 2012/12/06 16:06:52, Revision:
> 1.59.2.4, and the one that is on your ftp server is Date: 2012/12/06
> 16:06:17, Revision: 1.66, So mine is a lower version but recent hour,
> and the actual is newer version but seems that was created before the
> one I have. My question is, Which one should I keep?
Can you send me a diff of the two files?

>  If I change the mris_precproc version. Shall I re-run this step
> before statistical analyses, to create a new lh.lh-rh.thickness.sm00.mgh?
>
> On the other hand I have some doubts about the statistical procedure.
> It's supposed that if I apply the Xhemi registration, as result the
> left and right hemispheres are equals to each other on every subject, so:
>
> A) Where can I get the CT values after the Xhemi registration to
> FSaverage_sym for the left and right hemispheres?
what are CT values?

> B) Given that I have two groups, Patients and Control, with two levels
> each, i.e male-female (Gp1male  Gp1female Gp2male Gp2female
> Gp1maleVar1 Gp1femaleVar1 Grp2maleVar1 Grp2femaleVar1), and that I can
> set the contrasts and fsgd files as with a normal CT analisis, but
> only on my lh.lh-rh.thickness.smXX.mgh, wich is suppose to contain the
> left-right differences across subjects, right?
>
> Wich would be the right interpretation? of:
The interpretation does not really change because it is a xhemi analysis

> 1) 5 .5 -.5 -.5 0 0 0 0
Is the L-R difference between Grp1 and Grp2 different than 0 (regressing
out Var1 and gender)

> 2) 5 -.5 .5 -.5 0 0 0 0
Is the L-R difference between Males and Females different than 0
(regressing out Var1 and Group)

> 3) 0 0 0 0 .5 .5 -.5 -.5
Does the slope of the L-R difference with Var1 differ between Grp1 and
Grp2(regressing out gender)

> 4) 0 0 0 0 5 -.5 .5 -.5
Does the slope of the L-R difference with Var1 differ between Male and
Female(regressing out group)

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center

FileDrop: www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html

--------------------------
PhD. student Gabriel González-Escamilla
Laboratory of Functional Neuroscience
Department of Physiology, Anatomy, and Cell Biology
University Pablo de Olavide
Ctra. de Utrera, Km.1
41013 - Seville
- Spain -

Email: ggon...@upo.es
http://www.upo.es/neuroaging/es/
/root/trabajo/freesurfer/bin/mris_preproc_old
/root/trabajo/freesurfer/bin/mris_preproc
14,15c14,15
< #    $Date: 2012/12/06 16:06:52 $
< #    $Revision: 1.59.2.4 $
---
> #    $Date: 2012/12/06 16:06:17 $
> #    $Revision: 1.66 $
32c32
< set VERSION = '$Id: mris_preproc,v 1.59.2.4 2012/12/06 16:06:52 mreuter Exp
$';
---
> set VERSION = '$Id: mris_preproc,v 1.66 2012/12/06 16:06:17 mreuter Exp $';
77a78
> set DoXHemiOnly = 0; # do not include the non-xhemi
445a447,453
>     case "--tal-xyz":
>       if($#argv < 1) goto arg1err;
>       set svalsurf = $argv[1]; shift;
>       set sval = tal-xyz
>       set srcsurf = 1;
>       breaksw

679a688,692
>     case "--xhemi-only":
>       set DoXHemi = 1;
>       set DoXHemiOnly = 1;
>       breaksw

923,924c936,941
<     if($srchemi == lh) set tmplist = ($tmplist $subj $subj/xhemi)
<     if($srchemi == rh) set tmplist = ($tmplist $subj/xhemi $subj)
---
>     if($DoXHemiOnly) then
>       set tmplist = ($tmplist $subj/xhemi)
>     else
>       if($srchemi == lh) set tmplist = ($tmplist $subj $subj/xhemi)
>       if($srchemi == rh) set tmplist = ($tmplist $subj/xhemi $subj)
>     endif
1017a1035
>   echo "  --tal-xyz surfname : output xyz in mni305 for each subject"
1109c1127
< --area surfname
---
> --tal-xyz surfname
1111,1112c1129,1131
< Extract vertex area from subject/surf/hemi.surfname to use as input. For use
< with --s, --fsgd, or --f.  surfname does not include hemi. Eg, white, pial.
---