Dear Doug,

Interesting but, if I'm understanding this well, to get a normal LI, the --paired-diff-norm should be divided by 2 not multiplied, isn't it?

standardLI = (lh-rh)/(lh+rh)
FS_LI = (lh-rh)/((lh+rh)/2) <-- as you are dividing the denominator, your LI will be twice an standard one.

Further, this division should be done before the smoothing, right?

If I do use the LI maps to perform my stats, which would be the difference in interpretation between the results of using the --paired-diff maps, and the standarized LI maps?

Regards,
Gabriel.