Thanks Nick,

well that did change something... here is what i get now with any fs
command:

/bin/tcsh: /lib64/libfreebl3.so: version `NSSRAWHASH_3.12.3' not found
(required by /work2/rootbackup/usr/local/freesurfer/lib/libcrypt.so.1)

Should I update/substitute /lib64/libfreebl3.so al well?

thanks a lot,

Nicola

PS when running ldd ./mri_convert inside the bin dir, I get

"not a dynamic executable"