Thank you Doug.

 Just so I am clear - is the anatomical the nifti T1.mgz or is it a
different file. From your email I gather should do the following:

*1)  Use bbregister to register the lowb image to the anatomical. This
creates a registration matrix.*

bbregister -s SUBJECTNAME --mov lowb.nii --initfsl --reg register.dat

*2) Use mri_vol2vol and the registration to map the ADC map to the
anatomical*

mri_vol2vol --mov lowb.nii --targ $vol --inv --interp nearest --o
$vol2diff --reg $outdir/register.dat --no-save-reg

*3) use mri_segstats to extract the values*

*mri_segstats* --seg $SUBJECTS_DIR/SUBJECTNAME/mri/wmparc.mgz --ctab
$FREESURFER_HOME/FreeSurferColorLUT.txt --i lowb.nii --sum fa.stats

Where lowb.nii is the other MRI tissue sequence I am analyzing (e.g. ADC),
$vol2diff is the output image of the registration, and fa.stats will be my
output stats table?

I suspect there is part of the syntax for these tools I do not understand.
Also, what input would $vol be?

Best wishes,

Sal