you will need to run mri_annotation2label and specify the output to be
an annotation file instead of a segmentation. Then you will have to run
mri_aparc2aseg, specifying your lobes annotation as well as --labelwm
(look in the recon-all.log file for an example of how wmparc.mgz is
created). Then run mri_segstats (you can also get an example from the
recon-all.log file).
doug