On May 29, 2013, at 11:40 AM, Douglas N Greve <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> On 05/29/2013 01:00 AM, Joseph Dien wrote:
>> I need to extract the beta weights from a cluster identified with
>> FS-Fast in order to compute percentage signal change.
>>
>> 1) I see a file called beta.nii.gz that appears to have the beta
>> weight information.  It has a four dimensional structure and the
>> fourth dimension appears to be the beta weights.  Is there an index
>> somewhere as to which beta weight is which?  Or if not, how are they
>> organized?
> For the first level analysis, the first N beta weights correspond to the
> N conditions in the paradigm file. The rest are nuisance variables.

Ah, very good!  In order to compute the percent signal change statistic (I'm
following the MarsBaR approach:
http://marsbar.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how-is-the-percent-signal-change-calculated)
 I'm also going to need the beta weights for the session mean regressors.  How
are the nuisance regressors organized?

>> 2) In order to extract the cluster, it looks like I would
>> use mri_label2vol to convert cache.th20.neg.sig.ocn.annot into a
>> volume where the voxels are tagged with the number of the
>> corresponding cluster.
> Is that  from a group analysis?

Yes, that's right.

>> I could then use that to generate masks to extract the information I
>> need for each cluster from beta.nii.gz.
> If this is from a group analysis, then there should already be a file
> there (something.y.ocn.dat) that has a value for each subject in the
> rows and a value for each cluster in the columns.

I see it.  Are these values already scaled as percent signal change?  If so,
that would be wonderful!  :)

>> Is that correct?
>>
>> 3) The final information that I would need is the canonical hrf shape
>> generated by FSFAST for a single event.  I guess I could generate that
>> by setting up a dummy analysis run with a single event of the desired
>> duration and then look in the X variable in the resulting X.mat file?
> try this
> plot(X.runflac(1).flac.ev(2).tirf, X.runflac(1).flac.ev(2).Xirf)

Perfect!  :)

>> Sorry for all the questions!
>>
>> Joe

>> Joseph Dien,
>> Senior Research Scientist
>> University of Maryland
>>
>> E-mail: jdie...@mac.com <mailto:jdie...@mac.com>
>> Phone: 301-226-8848
>> Fax: 301-226-8811
>> http://joedien.com//

> --
> Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
> MGH-NMR Center
> gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
> Phone Number: 617-724-2358
> Fax: 617-726-7422
>
> Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
> FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
> www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
> Outgoing: ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/

> contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
> at
> error
> properly
> dispose of the e-mail.