> Under fsaverage/surf there is both an lh.white and an lh.white_avg file,
>> while under average/surf there's only lh.white_avg. I repeated the
>> mri_surf2surf command above with "--s fsaverage" instead of "--s average"
>> (since I understand in this case it's the same thing), and then it ran to
>> completion.
>>
> It should be close but probably not exact.

So if I want to use the study-specific "average" subject surface with
mri_surf2surf, rather than the generic "fsaverage" one, how can this be
done given that the required ls.white file only exists in the latter but
not in the former? Can I just rename (or duplicate) ls.white into
ls.white_avg?

Also,

1) Doesn't mri_surf2surf also need to be applied to surface of individual
study subjects, or only to the (fs)average subject?

2) Shouldn't the input to mri_glmfit be the output of mri_surf2surf?
In the group
tutorial<http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/GroupAnalysis#GLMAnalysis.28mriglmfit.29>,
the former is "lh.gender_age.thickness.*10*.mgh" while the latter is
"lh.gender_age.thickness.*10B*.mgh". Or should it just be the unsmoothed
output of mris_preproc?

3) Assuming the label files (corresponding to my ROI, and extracted from
the Destrieux atlas) are different for each subject, and given mri_glmfit
is called just once, for all subjects, which label file (corresponding to
what subject) should I point it to?

Thanks!