Hello,

I recently installed FreeSurfer on an OS x machine. After finishing the
process, I received the following output:

*Setting up environment for FreeSurfer/FS-FAST (and FSL)*
*FREESURFER_HOME   /Applications/freesurfer*
*FSFAST_HOME       /Applications/freesurfer/fsfast*
*FSF_OUTPUT_FORMAT nii.gz*
*SUBJECTS_DIR      /Applications/freesurfer/subjects*
*grep: Command not found.*
*wc: Command not found.*
*grep: Command not found.*
*wc: Command not found.*
*grep: Command not found.*
*wc: Command not found.*
*MNI_DIR           /Applications/freesurfer/mni*
*/usr/local/fsl/etc/fslconf/fslmachtype.sh: line 14: uname: command not
found*
*FSL_DIR           /usr/local/fsl*
*/usr/local/Applications/freesurfer: No such file or directory.*

Why can the grep, wc, of MNI commands not be found?

Also, when I type the command:

*$FREESURFER_HOME/subjects*

I receive the following error:

/Applications/freesurfer/subjects: Permission denied.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Is it a licensing issue? I have
already created the .license file.

Best,

Mark Plantz