Hi Catherine,

probably you are not using 5.3. otherwise it should recognize the --qdec-long
flag. You can open mris_preproc and take a look (it is a text file), there
should be a "qdec-long" if you search it.

Best, Martin

On Jun 17, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Catherine Bois <c.b...@sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Freesurfer experts,
>
> I am trying to prepare my data for linear mixed modeling using the matlab add
> ons, with this command
>
> mris_preproc --qdec-long qdec.table.dat --target fsaverage --hemi lh --meas
> thickness --out lh.thickness.mgh
>
> However I keep getting this error message ERROR: flag --qdec-long not
> recognized
>
> I am using version 5.3 and read on the release notes that qdec-long only
> works with unix input text files (\n newline). I thought that was the format
> of my textfile, and also confused as to why the wrong format of the file
> would make the flag unrecognized as opposed to the textfile...I was also
> wondering whether the -long table needs to be "shrunk" to cross-sectional
> format as it does in the two stage model? I have attached an excerpt of my
> textfile qdec, would greatly appreciate help in establishing whether it is
> somehow the format of the textfile that is the problem?
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Cathy
>

> --
>
> <qdec.table.dat>_______________________________________________

---------------------------------
Dr. Martin Reuter
Assistant in Neuroscience - Massachusetts General Hospital
Instructor in Neurology   - Harvard Medical School
MGH / HMS / MIT

A.A.Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, MA 02129

Phone: +1-617-724-5652
Email: