Hi everyone,

In an earlier post, I had asked how to transform the white surface of one
subject to the white surface of another subject, and Bruce Fischl suggested
mri_surf2surf should be able to do this.   After looking over the website
material related to mri_surf2surf, I find I'm not sure how mri_surf2surf
works, and so am still not sure how to proceed.

As a starting point, suppose we have the file lh.sphere.reg for each of two
subjects, A and B, and consider, say, vertex 1 of subject A.  Here is what
I understand: This vertex maps to a point P on the sphere that has
coordinates given in subjects A's lh.sphere.reg file.  The point P is
contained in some closed triangle T from B's mesh, as that mesh appears in
B's lh.sphere.reg file.  This triangle is formed from three points on the
sphere that correspond to three vertices that appear in B's lh.white
file.   These three vertices thus form a triangle T' in B's native volume
space, and thus the point P contained in T corresponds to a point P' in B's
native volume space that is contained in T'.

So here is my question:  How would I used mri_surf2surf to find the
coordinates (in B's native volume space) of the point P'?

Thanks in advance for you help in clarifying this for me.

Best regards,
David Romano