When I run recon-all -base 1_template -tp 1_first -tp 1_secon -all -debug. It crash during CA Reg Thu Sep 12 19:59:01 CEST 2013. I can send the rest of the log.
Knut J

#--------------------------------------
#@# CA Reg Thu Sep 12 19:59:01 CEST 2013
/cluster/home/kjbjuland/freesurfer/long/NTNU_PRE_023_template/mri

mri_ca_register -nobigventricles -T transforms/talairach.lta -align-after -mask brainmask.mgz norm.mgz /cluster/software/VERSIONS/freesurfer-5.3.0/average/RB_a
ll_2008-03-26.gca transforms/talairach.m3z

not handling expanded ventricles...
using previously computed transform transforms/talairach.lta
renormalizing sequences with structure alignment, equivalent to:
        -renormalize
        -regularize_mean 0.500
        -regularize 0.500
using MR volume brainmask.mgz to mask input volume...
reading 1 input volumes...
logging results to talairach.log

 ======= NUMBER OF OPENMP THREADS = 1 =======
reading input volume 'norm.mgz'...
reading GCA '/cluster/software/VERSIONS/freesurfer-5.3.0/average/RB_all_2008-03-26.gca'...
label assignment complete, 0 changed (0.00%)
det(m_affine) = 1.55 (predicted orig area = 5.2)
label assignment complete, 0 changed (0.00%)
freeing gibbs priors...done.
average std[0] = 5.0
setting smoothness coefficient to 0.039
blurring input image with Gaussian with sigma=2.000...
0000: dt=0.000, rms=0.932, neg=0, invalid=96777