The problem is probably that each label represents a finite amount of space. If the space between your label points is much more than 1mm, then you will get the pattern you show. How did you create the label in the first place?

doug

On 9/16/13 4:43 PM, Lisa Prilop wrote:
Hi Bruce!
The command line I used was: mri_label2label --srcsubject pat3 --srclabel /home/lisap/CIMT/fscal/pat3/label/testsept9 --trgsubject fsaverage --trglabel /home/lisap/CIMT/fscal/pat3/label/talairach --regmethod volume . The testsept9 -label looks perfectly normal (but corresponds to the original patient - on fsaverage it is wrongly placed), the new talairach-label is the grid i attached as an jpg-file - the location on fsaverage is correct (but not anymore so on the individual patient).
Lisa
*Gesendet:* Montag, 16. September 2013 um 14:52 Uhr
*Von:* "Bruce Fischl" <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
*An:* "Lisa Prilop" <lisapri...@web.de>
*Cc:* freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
*Betreff:* Re: [Freesurfer] Mappin lesions labels to Talairach space
Hi Lisa what you are seeing is probably the effects of resampling. What did the labels look like before mapping? And you need to send us your full mri_label2label command line so that we (Doug?) can help. cheers Bruce On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Lisa Prilop wrote: > Hi, > I have the following problem: I'm trying to map lesions from different > patients into talairach space. I hand-drew the lesions and saved them as > labels, then opened them on fsaverage. I didn't get an error-message, but in > the direct comparison between the native label (of the individual patient) > to the transformed label on fsaverage I could see that the lesions were > wrongly placed. I tried that with different flags on mri_label2label. Once > the place was roughly correct but then the label itself looked different (it > was a grid). What can I do to put that right? I attached a jpg-file > demonstrating what i mean. > > Thanks for your help! > > Lisa Prilop > > The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.