Hi Christiane,

What do you mean when you say that you get the old path with getmatlab?

In any case, the error seems not related to a matlab path issue. Can you please
attach the entire log?

Marie

On Nov 18, 2013, at 12:03 AM, "Jockwitz, Christiane"
<c.jockw...@fz-juelich.de<mailto:c.jockw...@fz-juelich.de>>
 wrote:

Dear Freesurfer experts,

I tried to run the local GI command recon-all –s –localGI and got the following
error message:

>> ??? Undefined function or method 'make_outer_surface' for input arguments of

type 'char'.

>From earlier post I tried to fix the problem by changing the matlabpath like
>this:

setenv MATLABPATH /directory/bin
> setenv PATH ${MATLABPATH}/bin:${PATH}

However, if I then check the path via „getmatlab“ I still get the old path. Did
I do something wrong?
And is it right to set up my matlabpath to the matlab/bin folder?

The scripts like make_outer_surface.m are located in the freesurfer/matlab
directory. Or does the path have to point to the scripts directly?

Thank you very much in advance

Kind regards,
Christiane

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH