Christiane,

The log you sent me doesn't correspond to the error you first wrote in your
email. The error reads as follow in your log:

---------------

>> reading filled volume...
closing volume...
{??? Undefined function or method 'fspecial' for input arguments of type
'char'.

Error in ==> make_outer_surface at 31
Gaussian = fspecial('gaussian',[2 2],1);
}

ERROR: make_outer_surface did not create output file
'/data/Projekte/Freesurfer/Prob1/surf/tmp-mris_compute_lgi-lh.pial/lh.pial-outer'!
Linux beo-08 2.6.32.59-ql-beowulf-37 #1 SMP Sat Mar 31 14:31:51 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux

recon-all -s Prob1 exited with ERRORS at Tue Nov 19 08:02:22 CET 2013

To report a problem, see http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting

It doesn't find the fspecial.m function, probably because you don't have the
licence for the image processing toolbox in your installation. Is there a way
you can add the toolbox to your matlab installation?

Marie

NB: no need to change the matlab path, it's already correctly set up

On Nov 18, 2013, at 11:26 PM, "Jockwitz, Christiane"