Unfortunately, our pre-implant MR was acquired with double-dose gadolinium
and we can't seem to extract the pial surface from it.

have you tried using bbregister to register post-op MRI with the pre-op
surfaces?

--
Pierre Mégevand, MD, PhD
PLOS Neuro Community <http://neuro.plos.org> editor - Follow us on Twitter