Hi Melina

1. Can you send us a picture? I'm not sure given your description,
although the surfaces can be arbitrary in the hippocampus/amygdala and
should be ignored there.

2. You should be able to use mri_label2vol for this. Note that you can load
the label itself directly into freeview if you want without needing to run
label2vol (but it will follow the white surface I believe and not fill the
ribbon)