Hi all,

I’d like to map my own stats (one value per Desikan-Killiany region) onto a
subject's surface file, to create a figure similar to the following:
http://openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=3280212_pone.0031913.g001&req=4

To do this, I tried to create a "scalar overlay file" using mris_convert’s
--parcstats option, per the following mris_convert example:

“”"
Create a scalar overlay file where each parcellation region
contains a single value:
  mris_convert \
--annot lh.aparc.annot \
--parcstats lh.parcstats.txt \
lh.white \
lh.parcstats

(...)

--parcstats <infile> is the name of text file containing label/val pairs, where
label is an annot name and val is a value associated with that label.
“”"

However, looking at the output file, stats didn’t seem to map to any vertices;
instead, I observed zeroes across all in both Freeview and after conversion to
ASCII (see first few lines below). I tried a few other ways to delimit the
“label/val” pairs of the "--parcstats" file, including using tab, space, and
forward-slash, but each way seemed to produce the same results:

000 -10.67346 -71.19921 6.09064 0.00000
001 -11.29567 -71.20504 6.32133 0.00000
002 -12.26970 -71.62605 6.00416 0.00000
003 -13.11823 -71.40913 6.45834 0.00000
004 -14.22002 -71.39742 6.28750 0.00000

So, I wonder: is using mris_convert with the --parcstats flag a correct way to
create such a map? If so, what could have gone wrong? If not, what’s the
easiest way to map my own regional stats onto a surface?

Your expertise is greatly appreciated;

Thanks and all the best,

Tony Jin
Data Technician
Dept. of Psychiatry
Stony Brook Medicine

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original.