Thank you Doug for precisely helping me on smooth detailed command.

Concerning projection on fsaverage, is it better, worse or equivalent to do
(1) or (2) ?

(1)

*# Project and smooth onto anatomical surface* (--surf mid : mean surface
between pial and white)

*mri_vol2surf --mov **cbf.nii.gz --hemi lh --surf mid --o lh.fwhm3.cbf.w
--regheader *

*subj_id --out_type paint --surf-fwhm 3mris_w_to_curv **subj_id lh
**lh.fwhm3.cbf.w
*

*lh.fwhm3.cbfmv ${DIR}/surf/lh.fwhm${FWHM}.intensity
${DIR}/ictus/lh.fwhm${FWHM}.intensityrm -f
${DIR}/surf/lh.fwhm${FWHM}.intensity.w# Resample cbf to fsaverage
mri_surf2surf --srcsubject **subj_id --srchemi lh --srcsurfreg sphere.reg
--trgsubject fsaverage --trghemi lh --trgsurfreg sphere.reg --sval
**lh.fwhm3.cbf
--sfmt curv --noreshape --no-cortex --tval lh.fwhm3.fsaverage.cbf.mgh
--tfmt curv*

(2)

*# Project and smooth onto fsaverage*
*mri_vol2surf --mov cbf.nii.gz --regheader subj_id--trgsubject fsaverage
--interp trilin --projfrac 0.5 --hemi lh --o lh.fsaverage.cbf.mgh
--noreshape --cortex --surfreg sphere.reg*

*# Smooth*
*mris_fwhm --s fsaverage --hemi lh --smooth-only --i lh.fsaverage.cbf.mgh
--fwhm 3 --o lh.fwhm3.fsaverage.cbf.mgh --mask brain.fsaverage.lh.mgh*

Many thanks in advance !!

Best regards,

Matthieu Vanhoutte, MSc
Research Engineer - Department of Neuroradiology
Regional University Hospital, Lille, France