Thanks Bruce and Doug, this works.

Currently, I am trying to do a similar thing, but delimiting the
parcellation in one concrete region instead the whole cortex.To do that i
tried:

1) Convert the label (concrete brain region) into an annot file [
mris_label2annot ].
2) Use mris_divide_parcellation.

However, I am facing the following error:

     reading colortable from annotation file...
     colortable with 2 entries read (originally ColorTest.txt)
     dividing mask_atrophy (1) into 2 parts
     allocating new colortable with 2 additional units...
     Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Could you please guide me to solve this issue?
Thank you!

Victor Montal

***  mris_divide_parcellation command *****
mris_divide_parcellation fsaverage lh test.annot splittable.txt
finalAnnot.split

****Split table content *****
mask_atrophy         2

**** mris_label2annot command *****
mris_label2annot --s fsaverage --h lh --ctab Test.txt --a test --l
mask_region_ROIS.mgh.label

***** CTAB file *****
#No.    Label Name:                         R   G   B   A
1        mask_atrophy                        130    0    0    0