Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:12:35 -0400
From: gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
To: yu...@hotmail.com; freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] selxavg3-sess, -svres

    They are not the "same". As you point out they have a correlation of
    .98, not 1.0. What you are discovering is the inconvenient truth
    that task signal accounts for a very small proportion of variation.
    Welcome to fMRI:). I think the reason why the residual does not
    equal y - X*beta is that they are whitened. Try it with whitening
    turned off and see if you get the same (identical) result.

    doug