Hi Matthieu,

1. The spatiotemporal approach is designed for surfaces, not for voxel images, so regular mass univariate (vw). 2. Yes, that can be done with LME. 1 group is a simple design: column of 1, colum of time_from_baseline, other covariates such as age (I would not include too many as you only have very few subjects). Then set the intercept as random effect and test for a slope effect (2nd column). You can also play around with setting slope as random effect, but with only 7 subjects, not sure. You can do a model comparison as described on our wiki. 3. Not sure if I would include gender (unless there is good reason for that). You are looking at within subject slopes. I don't think you need to demean age. 4. does not matter. If you look at the betas they will be in unit/days or unit/years (or week , month) depending on your decision.

The danger with such a small group is that outliers will affect your results a lot (they severely violate the assumption of gaussian noise) and can produce spurious effects.

Best, Martin