From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] on behalf of
pfot...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu [pfot...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 18:37
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] AAL atlas question

Hi FS community,

I have recon-ed a set of subjects and I was interested in also obtaining
structural info (cortical thickness, gray matter volume, surface area
etc.) based on a different atlas than the ones FS is using, and in
particular the AAL atlas.

I was wondering whether my approach would be the correct one or whether
there is another (better and more accurate) approach:

1) Convert the AAL atlas into a surface (with mri_vol2surf) from the MNI
space into the native subjects' space,
2) Use mris_anatomical_stats to calculate the structural stats

Sorry for the potentially trivial question, and thank you for your time!

Best,
Panos