Hi all,

To follow-up on this issue if anyone else has the same problem, you need to
modify one of the LGI functions as described in the release notes
(http://freesurfer.net/fswiki/ReleaseNotes):

  *
LGI: issue when using Matlab 2013. the fix is to edit the file
$FREESURFER_HOME/matlab/SearchProjectionOnPial.m and make these changes:

find this line:

< for t=1:step:size(perim,2)

and change to:

> si=max(size(perim));