Hi,

I'm having trouble co-registering a bunch of subjects whose T1 is left-right
reversed. While the orientation of the structural file in the NIfTI header is
LIA and the orientation of the functional volume is LAS, visual inspection
shows that the structural is left-right reversed. I then followed the steps
outlined in https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/LeftRightReversal to
rerun the reconstruction and re-registered the subject but the registration
mincost value is still hovering around 0.9 even with the left-right reversed
structural.

I've tried running registration with SPM and FSL; neither method is able to
register these subjects properly.

With --init-fsl I get the following:
WARNING: initial G-W contrast is negative, but expecting positive.
If the mov data has a T1 contrast, re-run with --T1

and with --init-spm I get:
WARNING: bad orientation matrix (determinant = 0) in nifti1 file ...
 ... continuing.

At this point I'm out of ideas to try out. This issue is occurring for over 170
subjects (data collected outside Martinos using non-siemens scanners).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Afsana

Afsana Afzal