If the head has not moved, then they will share a scanner RAS, ie,  a
given scanner RAS will be at the same place in the head in the two
scans, though they will map to different col,row,slice in their
respective volumes. If the head has moved, then you will need to perform
a registration to get them aligned.

On 11/11/2016 04:17 PM, Krieger, Donald N. wrote:
> Thanks for getting back, Doug.
> I understand - but if there are two scans, aren't there two scanner RAS's
> since the head presumably moved at least a little from one to the other or
> the scans could have been done on different scanners?
>
> Don

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu