Now I don't understand.

Here's the situation:
Someone has given me a bunch of MEG's with freesurfer runs which were run using
both a T1 and a T2 scan with -T2pial .
 Mri_info --tkr2scanner gives the same transform for aparac+aseg.mgz, T1.mgz,
and T2.mgz  .
I will be coregistering the MEG which comes with each T1/T2 pair .
Since I'm getting the same transform from all the .mgz's, I speculated that
freesurfer transformed both scans to tkr coordinates, did its thing, and then
picked the T1 to provide the tkr2scanner transform.
???

Don