Hi Stefano,

When segmenting 1 mm scans, the position of the internal boundaries between the
hippocampal substructures largely relies on prior knowledge acquired from our
ex vivo training data and summarized in our statistical atlas. For this reason,
volumes of internal subfields (especially GC-DG, CA4 and molecular layer) must
be interpreted with caution, and further validation with higher resolution data
should ideally be carried out to confirm the results. On the other end of the
spectrum, we have substructures such as the fimbria and tail, which are
reliable at 1 mm.

Cheers,

/Eugenio

Juan Eugenio Iglesias