You don't need to do the bbregister or tkregister steps if the FS
results are based on the T1.nii image as input. You can just use
mri_vol2vol with --regheader instead of --reg t1.reg.dat (but the
results should be about the same).

For the problem, does aparc+aseg show up properly on the T1.nii? what is
your freeview command line?

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu